NthKSubset and RankKSubset. Where ???
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2399] NthKSubset and RankKSubset. Where ???
- From: a_kowald at chemie.fu-berlin.de (Axel Kowald)
- Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 21:41:06 -0500
- Organization: Kristallographic Institute FU Berlin
Hello I'm working on a combinatorical problem and I would need two functions which are not available in Mma or the Combinatorica package. The first would probably be called NthKSubset and should give me the Nth KSubset of a list (who would have guessed that). The other one which I need is a routine which does the opposite. Given a KSubset it should give me the rank of that KSubset. Has anyone written such functions or know from where to get them ? A description of an algorithm for programming them would also be okay. Many thanks in advance Axel Kowald