Calling BarChart function from Math-Link program

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2397] Calling BarChart function from Math-Link program
  • From: sridhar madduluri <204-1419 at mcimail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 21:40:45 -0500

Hi All,
   I want to generate Graphs/Charts dynamically using
Mathematica on the Web browser. I want to call the BarChart
function, read data from result of a stored procedure,
generate the Graph , convert it from PostScript to GIF/JPEG
format and dispaly on the Web browser. I have managed to do
all this statically using GhostScript for GIF convresions.

  I want to call BarChart function from Math-Link program
and redirect the output to a file like Bar.ps, Then I can read
in Bar.ps from Perl program, convert to Gif using gs in the
program and display on the Browser programatically on NT.
  I have got the ML-Example.c program from MathSource
(0203-184) which does similar thing, but I have not been able
to make it work on NT.

If anyof you have any suggestions, or sample programs to read
Bar/Pie Charts through MathLink, Please email me.
Thanks for all your Help
Sridhar Madduluri
204-1479 at mcimail.com