How do I define a remote kernel?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2409] How do I define a remote kernel?
  • From: abujihad at wam.umd.edu (Rob Pfefferkorn)
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 16:04:02 -0500

I want to use the front end on my computer at home,
which is connected via a SLP account to a DEC workstation
elsewhere, and use the kernel on the DEC to perform
calculations.

To do this I have to set up the remote kernel correctly.
Has anyone done this? If you could give me a clue as to how
I might go about defining this kernel, I'd appreciate it.

Rob Pfefferkorn