- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2417] remote kernels
- From: jeff at econ.Berkeley.EDU (Jeffrey C. Ely)
- Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 16:05:27 -0500
- Organization: Economics Dept., U. C. Berkeley
I have a notebook interface on my PC at home and wish to access
a remote kernel running on a machine on campus. Unfortunately
the machine denies rsh connections. Is there some other way
to start the connection with the remote kernel.
What exactly happens when using mathematica remotely. Since the
default is to use rsh, it must not be the case that mathematica
just starts an interactive shell on the machine running the
Would it be sufficient to just use rlogin or telnet and
use a script to login and start the kernel?
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
[Q] Alternate symbols for ListPlot scatter plots...
Previous by thread:
Re: Complex Matrices
Next by thread:
Re: remote kernels