[Q] Alternate symbols for ListPlot scatter plots...

Howdy-
   I need a scatterplot of two different series, and so far as I
can tell, my only options are (so long as I stick with
black-and-white display, which I have to for publication
purposes) to change the graylevel or the pointsize.  But this
doesn't make for a very enlightening plot, especially when many
of the points from the two series are close to one another.
   Is there a simple way to replace the "point" with an "x" or a
"diamond" for one of the series?

Thanks for your help.

Replies by e-mail are appreciated.

John Mulliken