Re: [Q] Alternate symbols for ListPlot scatter plots...
- Subject: [mg2444] Re: [Q] Alternate symbols for ListPlot scatter plots...
- From: browe at netcom.com (Bill Rowe)
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 04:44:21 GMT
- Approved: email@example.com
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: Hughes Aircraft Company
- Sender: daemon at wri.com ( )
In article <47hh4a$dcl at ralph.vnet.net>, John Mulliken <jcm at res.mpls.frb.fed.us> wrote: >Howdy- > I need a scatterplot of two different series, and so far as I >can tell, my only options are (so long as I stick with >black-and-white display, which I have to for publication >purposes) to change the graylevel or the pointsize. But this >doesn't make for a very enlightening plot, especially when many >of the points from the two series are close to one another. > Is there a simple way to replace the "point" with an "x" or a >"diamond" for one of the series? I think the function MultipleListPlot which is included in the standard packages will do what you want. If it isn't exactly what you want, looking at the code for this function would probably be a good place to start. -- "Against supidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain"