Re: Writing big files with Mathematica

  • Subject: [mg2499] Re: Writing big files with Mathematica
  • From: grot at (Bjoern Grothkast)
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 06:58:52 GMT
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at ( )

risset at (Tanguy Risset) wrote:

>I am using Mathematica (version  2.2 for SPARC) to manipulate
>big list data structures. I have a problem when I try=20
>to print the data structure into a file on the disk=20
>with the command:

>data >> "file"

>The process is very slow and when the data is too big=20
>(here approximately 200 Mbytes), Mathematica is exiting
>(completely) with the message:

>Out of memory.  Exiting.

>Does anyone knows where does it come from?
>And how I can manage to write down my data=20
>in a file?

>Thank you in advance

>Tanguy Risset

Hello Tanguy,

unfortunately I can't help you with your problem. All I can say is that I
had a similar problem with M. for Windows 2.2:

I tried to read a file of about 128 kB byte by byte. Mathematica read onl=
about 40 kB and stopped then without complaining. I realized it only
because I wanted to process the data further and about 88 kB of them wher=

------------------=3D=3D=3D=3D### legal notice ###=3D=3D=3D=3D-----------=
Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form=
, in
whole or in part.  License to distribute this post is available to Micros=
for $499.  Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these t=