Positive[a] = True ???
- Subject: [mg2518] Positive[a] = True ???
- From: domokos at chaph.usc.edu (Marius)
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 07:02:14 GMT
- Approved: email@example.com
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Sender: daemon at wri.com ( )
I assume that this topic has been addressed already, and I think I actually remember reading something about it before. However, I have not been able to find anything in the archive. Anyway, here is my problem: The book says that it is possible to declare a variable as beeing positive without assigning any numerical value to it. However, when I try it in version 2.2.2 on a PowerMac, Mathematica rejects the assignment with a message regarding the tag protection. For example: IN>> Positive[a] = True; OUT>> Set::write: Tag Positive in Positive[a] is Protected. What is the problem? Thank you. Frank Domokos