Emacs front-end for Mathematica

I will soon have mathematica running on a NeXT cube
on my LAN.  I would like to use an emacs front end
remotely from my linux box.  I have come across two
e-lisp packages.  Only one of them, math.el, is recent.

My question:  Anybody use this?  How good is it?  Can
it read notebooks or Kernel help?

Jeff