Re: differentiate multivariable InterpolatingFunction?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2301] Re: differentiate multivariable InterpolatingFunction?
- From: Paul Abbott <paul at earwax.pd.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 12:42:27 -0400
- Organization: Dept of Physics, University of WA
bhunt at brians.umd.edu (Brian R. Hunt) wrote: >If u is an InterpolatingFunction of 2 variables, is it possible, using >D or Derivative or something built-in, to get a numerical value for >the partial derivative of u with respect to it first argument at a >specific point? I have tried several plausible forms of syntax (and >no doubt several implausible ones as well), but no luck. Have a look at the Tricks of the Trade column in The Mathematica Journal, 4(2), p31. There the package DInterpolatingFunction is used which allows you to compute partial derivatives. You can get this package from MathSource: http://mathsource.wri.com Cheers, Paul