2+2=4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2293] 2+2=4
  • From: wself at viking.emcmt.edu (Will Self)
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 12:41:03 -0400

The following is just a case of being silly and having a little fun,
if such a geeky way of having fun can actually be called having fun.

My friend Lou thought I scolded him for using Sequence, but I didn't.
I did however scold him for using "l" as a symbol, but I'm not sure he
has repented of that.  Maybe the Mob would rearrange his face, but I
am a peaceable guy and prefer to just write a little code proving that
2+2=4.  This code is dedicated to Lou, but not copyrighted.  Feel free
to expand on it in any way you please, as long as you dedicate the
result to Lou.

l=Set;l[ll,Plus];
l[l1,ll[1,1]];l[Il,{l1,l1}];l[lI,ll[Il[[1]],Il[[l1]]]];lI

Will Self