Re: Looking for a program
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2334] Re: Looking for a program
- From: Sandra Zhengrong Wang <z0w4154 at tam2000.tamu.edu>
- Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 02:16:14 -0400
- Organization: Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
I have done a similar problem a week ago. You can write your mathematica program for this parameter estimation problem. 1. Find the form of the equation. 2. You can either use the mathematica package for nonlinearfit or 3. you can define a objective function to minimize the sum square of errors by using FindMinimum. The two different method may give you different results. You can then compare the two results and see which one give you a smaller errors. Since this is not a difficult problem, you may need to write your own program. Or if you really need, let me know how I can help.