MMA movie with sound to QT

        Mathematica graphics is in PostScript, and its sound is probably
embedded in a funny place because the conversion to Quicktime (PICS) strips
the sound away.  I could handle this by recording the anolog movie and
re-digitizing, but I would be cleaner to stay digital.  A movie Editor like
Adobe Premier 4.0 can probably blend graphics and sound files, but the
sound must be in a snd or aiff file.  MMA, it seems, can only output a file
of numeric sound samples as text.
        SO: what software can convert a txt file to a snd or aiff file?