Re: color in ListContourPlot

  • Subject: [mg2237] Re: color in ListContourPlot
  • From: wagner at bullwinkle.cs.Colorado.EDU (Dave Wagner)
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 05:53:45 GMT
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at wri.com ( )

In article <DGIy2G.Hyv at wri.com>,
Elizabeth Kraemer <kraemer at service1.uky.edu> wrote:
>I want to do a ListContourPlot with a specific color range (from
>white/purple to red).  If I just use "Hue", the high and low values are red.
>I've got a lot of contours, so I want to avoid having to define a color
>individually for each one.  I'm running Mathematica on a Windows machine.
>Thanks for the help!  -Beth

There is a very cool package on MathSource that lets you specify the
color endpoints of a gradient (or even a sequence of colors, if my
memory serves me correctly) and constructs a pure function for you
that colors things with colors from that gradient.  I don't know the
name of the package offhand but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

		Dave Wagner
		Principia Consulting
		(303) 786-8371
		dbwagner at princon.com