Mma & ANOVA : package for calculating sums of squares????
- Subject: [mg2229] Mma & ANOVA : package for calculating sums of squares????
- From: purswell at netplus.net (J.P. and/or Valerie Purswell)
- Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 06:35:06 GMT
- Approved: email@example.com
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: Internet Access Plus
- Sender: daemon at wri.com ( )
I am trying to do a four-factor repeated measures ANOVA with Mma. neither one will give me Sums of Squares of Mean Squares for my main effects and interactions. I have been (rather tediously) collecting data within cells, doing the summing and squaring of Sums. Before I spend another several hours on the analysis, I was wondering if anyone else has figured out how to get Sums of Squares and Mean Squares from the Regress or Designed Regress packages. I can compose my own F ratios. As the design is a repeated-measures or within - subjects design, the appropriate error terms are different from the between-subjects or one measurement per experimental unit, so I really need the Sums of Squares for each effect. Alternatively, has anyone written a package that does this? I've looked through mathsource but did not find anything....