color in ListContourPlot

I want to do a ListContourPlot with a specific color range (from
white/purple to red).  If I just use "Hue", the high and low values are red.
I've got a lot of contours, so I want to avoid having to define a color
individually for each one.  I'm running Mathematica on a Windows machine.
Thanks for the help!  -Beth