Re: Non-linear Diff. Equations on MMA ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2108] Re: Non-linear Diff. Equations on MMA ?
- From: Christian.Jost at epc.u-psud.fr (Christian Jost)
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 01:17:20 -0400
- Organization: Universite Paris-Sud XI
In article <DFLLAD.ID9 at wri.com>, bebuquiu at zedat.fu-berlin.de wrote: > Hi MMA-Users, > I am wondering if it is possible to solve non-linear differential > equations with MMA. I tried to DSolve one like y''(x)=3Da* y(x)^3, which > leads to elliptic integrals- MMA says that it cannot handle it with the > built-in roules. Are they maybe any packages, notebooks available ?- I am > a MMA-newbie, so do not hesitate to give me simple answers or to tell me > well-known places. btw: could anybody tell me some good sites to pick > MMA-packages,-notebooks? In MMA release 2.2 there is a standard package DSolve (<<Calculus`DSolve`) which extends the built in capabilities. Maybe this solves your problem. Christian. Christian Jost, Universit=E9 Paris-Sud XI, Orsay, France jost at psisun.u-psud.fr