Non-linear Diff. Equations on MMA ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2095] Non-linear Diff. Equations on MMA ?
  • From: bebuquiu at zedat.fu-berlin.de
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 01:15:03 -0400

Hi MMA-Users,

I am wondering if it is possible to solve non-linear differential
equations with MMA. I tried to DSolve one like y''(x)=a* y(x)^3, which
leads to elliptic  integrals- MMA says that it cannot handle it with the
built-in roules. Are they maybe any packages, notebooks available ?- I am
a MMA-newbie, so do not hesitate to give me simple answers or to tell me
well-known places. btw: could anybody tell me some good sites to pick
MMA-packages,-notebooks?

Thanks a lot ;-)
David