Re: New user question?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2097] Re: New user question?
  • From: skyluke at mbox.vol.it (Luke)
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 01:15:24 -0400

heagy at vtopus.cs.vt.edu (Winfield S. Heagy) wrote:

>I just purchsed a copy of Mathematica for Windows and have been trying
>to load some external packages that I DLd from the Wolfram page to
>to Combinatorics.  I made a directory in the mathematica subdir \packages
>called extras.  I put the combinat.m file there and from inside
>mathematica I issue the command <<Extras`combinatorica`
>I get a pop up box that says 'The Kernel has suspended MathLink
>connection'.  The mathematica prints an out of memory error and says
>exiting.  What could be happening here.  I DLd about 6 different
>packages and have
>only been able to use one of them.

>I have a Pentium with 16meg ram and am using Mathematica ver 2.2

>Thanks...Win

>heagy at csgrad.cs.vt.edu

Hi!

I'm also a new user of Mathematica, so I cant help you very much! But
all I can say it's that I dont have this kind of problem; I can load
any packages from Mathsource (CD-Rom) and I also create your own
directory Extras and move there the files Combinatorica.m; and I
succeed in loading the package; for sure I know that << commmand under
DOS environment is NOT case sensitive; maybe you have to control ur
$path variable. What version r u using of Mathematica? I have v.
2.2.0; I ask you that for I know that there is some problems with
versions above 2.2.2 with Windows NT or Windows 95. What kind of OS r
u using now?
I'm using Win95 but my version of Math is older so I dont have any
troubles (apart from not seeing long filenames). What kind of error
message do u have when Math fails to load? That could be important.
Well, I cant say any more about it.

               .
        ___   // 		BYE from Luke
      {~._.~}// 		and his koala