New user question?

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg2051] New user question?
  • From: heagy at vtopus.cs.vt.edu (Winfield S. Heagy)
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 01:50:15 -0400

I just purchsed a copy of Mathematica for Windows and have been trying
to load some external packages that I DLd from the Wolfram page to
to Combinatorics.  I made a directory in the mathematica subdir \packages
called extras.  I put the combinat.m file there and from inside
mathematica I issue the command <<Extras`combinatorica`
I get a pop up box that says 'The Kernel has suspended MathLink
connection'.  The mathematica prints an out of memory error and says
exiting.  What could be happening here.  I DLd about 6 different
packages and have
only been able to use one of them.

I have a Pentium with 16meg ram and am using Mathematica ver 2.2

Thanks...Win

heagy at csgrad.cs.vt.edu