Q: D[EllipticK[k],k] ?
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1999] Q: D[EllipticK[k],k] ?
- From: "David O. Gunter" <david_gunter at qmgate.anl.gov>
- Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 23:51:13 -0400
- Organization: Argonne National Laboratory
I need to know if it's possible to obtain the derivative of the complete elliptic integral given by EllipticK[k], where k is some parameter. I've tried D[EllipticK[k], k] with the output result EllipticK'[k] and when I try N[%] /. x->0.5 I get EllipticK'[0.5]. How can I obtain the numerical answer this derivative? Thanks in advance. -david gunter