Re: Q: D[EllipticK[k],k] ?
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg2013] Re: Q: D[EllipticK[k],k] ?
- From: rknapp (Robert Knapp)
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 23:28:29 -0400
- Organization: The Santa Fe Institute
In article <DEIIuB.Hw2 at wri.com> "David O. Gunter" <david_gunter at qmgate.anl.gov> writes: > I need to know if it's possible to obtain the derivative of the > complete elliptic integral given by EllipticK[k], where k is some > parameter. > ... > > How can I obtain the numerical answer this derivative? > Here is a formula computed from the next version of Mathematica to be released: In:= EllipticK'[k] Out= (EllipticE[k] - (1 - k)*EllipticK[k])/(2*(1 - k)*k)