Re: Clearing functions and variables

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1996] Re: Clearing functions and variables
  • From: David Harvatin <dtharvat at sprint.uccs.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 23:50:41 -0400

rutter at euler.mcs.utulsa.edu (Michael A. Rutter) wrote:

>Does anybody know a simple command to clear all the variables and functions in
>a Mathematica session.  We have been using Clear /@ Names["Global`*"], but
>since we are teaching a freshman level Calc course, this is difficult to
>explain.
>
>Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks.
>
>Michael Rutter
>rutter at euler.mcs.utulsa.edu

Michael,

I have used the package CleanSlate.m for clearing the MMA workspace.  This package is available
from MathSource, which you can reach in a number of ways -- http://www.wri.com/MathSource.html
(World Wide Web), or, mathsource.wri.com (FTP or Gopher), or mathsource at wri.com. (email).  I
hope this helps.

Dave Harvatin