- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg2014] Re: ArcSin[Sin[x]]
- From: jburne at connix.com (John Burnette)
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 23:28:39 -0400
- Organization: Connix - The Connecticut Internet Exchange
In article <DEKnsy.AsC at wri.com>, Jack Goldberg <jackgold at math.lsa.umich.edu> wrote: > > I am keenly interested in how one should >handle ArcSin[Sin[x]]. <snip> > A wierd memory of mine is that my tenth grade trig book long ago created a Sin function, separate and appart from the sin function, by restricting the domain. Given mathematica's capitalization schemas, this is consistent. I didn't understand the reference to Log[Exp[x]], it doesn't seem to be a parallel situation. In what cases is Log[Exp[x]]<>x ?