Re: ArcSin[Sin[x]]

In article <DEKnsy.AsC at wri.com>,
Jack Goldberg  <jackgold at math.lsa.umich.edu> wrote:

>	I am keenly interested in how one should
>handle  ArcSin[Sin[x]].
<snip>

A wierd memory of mine is that my tenth grade trig book long ago created
a Sin function, separate and appart from the sin function, by restricting
the domain. Given mathematica's capitalization schemas, this is
consistent.

I didn't understand the reference to Log[Exp[x]], it doesn't seem to be a
parallel situation. In what cases is Log[Exp[x]]<>x ?