front-end elsewhere on a LAN

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg2037] front-end elsewhere on a LAN
  • From: jeff at econ.berkeley.edu (Jeffrey Ely)
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 01:41:31 -0400

I have a a NeXT cube and a PC running Win95 on my LAN.
I have Mathematica on the NeXT cube, but I prefer
to do work in front of the PC.  I understand there is
a way to use Mathematica via a graphical front-end on
a networked machine.  Do I have to pay for this front-
end or is there a freely available one?  I could use
either the X or Windows client.

Jeff