Re: Mathematica and NetScape

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg2044] Re: Mathematica and NetScape
  • From: "Brian H. Marston" <c570529 at>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 01:42:45 -0400

> Briefly, if you use a Unix version of Netscape you need to place
> the line:
>      application/mathematica; mathematica %s
> in a file called .mailcap in your home directory.

I did the above and also placed the line:

application/mathematica ma

in a file called .mime.types in my home directory.
Then I re-opened Netscape and tried to view some .ma files.
Unfortunately, the only file it worked with was
Every other file I tried from MathSource and from
came up in Netscape as a plain text file.

          ______|              Brian Marston               |_______
          \     |       c570529 at        |      /