Re: Performance profiling & monitoring
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg2029] Re: Performance profiling & monitoring
- From: Dr Phillip Kent <p.kent at ic.ac.uk>
- Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 01:40:06 -0400
- Organization: Imperial College
Bob Young <ryoung at kathmandu.scicomp.com> wrote: > > >Does anyone know of packages for profiling Mathematica code? I need >to find out where time is being spent in a large system, all written >in Mathematica. I would be interested in either approaches that >monitor the Mathematica code itself, or Unix based tools that perform >the observations "from the outside." > >Thanks for any pointers. > See the article/code in the last issue of the Mathematica Journal, Vol 5 Issue 3 (Summer 95): "A Mathematica Profiler" by Todd Gayley. The code was missing from the electronic supplement diskette - it is scheduled to appear, with full documentation, on MathSource (search for "Profiler.m").