Re: symbols

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3800] Re: symbols
  • From: Stephen P Luttrell <luttrell at signal.dra.hmg.gb>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 00:54:15 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Paul Filliman wrote:

> Is there a way for me to use Mathematica and be able to to use standard
> mathematical symbols instead of having to type in Integrate, D, DSolve,
> etc.  I do not see the advantage of this.

I recently attended a presentation where version 3 of Mathematica was
previewed. One of the new features was maths notation that looked like maths
the way it should be written, so you'll be able to do what you want in version
3. I was told it would be released mid-1996 (whatever that means!).

Dr Stephen P Luttrell                  luttrell at signal.dra.hmg.gb
Adaptive Systems Theory                01684-894046 (phone)
Room EX21, Defence Research Agency     01684-894384 (fax)
Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3PS, U.K.
http://www.dra.hmg.gb/cis5pip/Welcome.html

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====