implicit equations

Hi !

I want to solve an implicit equation in Mathematica:
The dependence of x and y is given with:

         z=f[x,y]

and I want to solve

         x=g[y,z] with z=z0.

but I can't find the explicit function g.

The only possibility I found in the mathematica Book, was to use the ContourPlot.
But I need the values too, not only the plot.
I experienced with the following solution:

         X = NSolve[ f[x,y] == z0, x]

and for more than one value:

         X = Table[ NSolve[ f[x,y] == z0, x], {x, xmin, xmax}]

I'm a beginner in Mathematica, so I'm not shure, if there is a better and faster
possibility.

Stefan Hoerz

email:    hoerz at ind.uni-stuttgart.de

Would you also send me an email just to make shue I don't miss the answer
Thanks

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====