MMA Performance under WinNT 3.51

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3692] MMA Performance under WinNT 3.51
  • From: pmiddents at kendaco.telebyte.com
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 02:54:53 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have just installed Service Pack 4 to WinNT 3.51 with Service Pack 1 already installed and observed a dramatic improvement in video performance, not only for
MMA 2.2.3 but in other applications as well. MMA kernal performance is unaffected. I am running a 486DX2-66, 32MB RAM, Weitek P9000 Video Card. My timing
results for graphic opertions such as the ParametricPlot and ListPlot are now comparable to results reported periodicaly on this list for a P-90 system. Kernal
performance under WinNT is significantly better than under Win95 and with Service Pack 4, Video performance, if not breathtaking is at least acceptable.

Service pack 4 is available from ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-public/fixes/ Once in this directory pick the language version of winnt you are using and the
processor. Download both the readme file and the sp4_351i.exe files. the Execute file is 10MB.

Paul Middents
Olympic College
Bremerton,WA.

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====