Re: Copying figures to MS Word

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3695] Re: Copying figures to MS Word
  • From: ianc (Ian Collier)
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 02:05:14 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4jvrvn$nt1 at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, Jerry Bukley
<jwbukley at tasc.com> wrote:

> I have tried using WMF, BMP and EPS to export figures to a Microsoft
> Word document for a report.  They have all yielded very low quality
> images that aren't suitable for publication.  The WMF and BMP versions
> have jagged graphics and distorted text.  The EPS scaling is screwed up
> and unusable.  Is their any way to copy the figures that will yield a
> figure of the same quality as can be printed from Mathematica directly?
> I am using Word 7.0 and Mathematica 2.2, both for Microsoft Windows.

I don't have immediate access to Word 7 but with Word 6 I
am able to simply copy and paste graphics from Mathematica
to Word via the Windows clipboard. I am also able to export
them as Windows Metafiles (.WMF the format used by the
clipboard) using the "Export" command on the File menu and
in both cases they print correctly even after being resized.

I have heard no other reports of this not working.

The best thing I can suggest is that if your problems
continue you contact Wolfram Research Technical Support
(support at wolfram.com) directly.

Note that if you have for some reason converted the graphics
to bitmaps before exporting them then the above methods
will not work. (Nor will they print correctly from within
Mathematica.)

I hope this helps.

--Ian

Ian Collier