Re: Copying figures to MS Word

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3723] Re: Copying figures to MS Word
  • From: pehowland at taz.dra.hmg.gb (Paul E Howland)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 02:51:45 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4jvrvn$nt1 at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, Jerry Bukley <jwbukley at tasc.com> writes:
|I have tried using WMF, BMP and EPS to export figures to a Microsoft
|Word document for a report.  They have all yielded very low quality
|images that aren't suitable for publication.  The WMF and BMP versions
|have jagged graphics and distorted text.  The EPS scaling is screwed up
|and unusable.  Is their any way to copy the figures that will yield a
|figure of the same quality as can be printed from Mathematica directly?
|I am using Word 7.0 and Mathematica 2.2, both for Microsoft Windows.

I frequently get good plots using Word 6.0 and Mathematica 2.2.  Simply
cut and paste between applications, by selecting the Mma cell of interest,
pressing Ctrl-C, then go into your Word document and press Ctrl-V to paste.

--
Paul E Howland                                  Tel. +44 (0)1684 895767
Long Range Ground Radar Sensors                 Fax. +44 (0)1684 896315

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====