Large files from Graphics!!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg3673] Large files from Graphics!!
- From: jshanks at math.otago.ac.nz (John Shanks)
- Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 02:51:31 -0500
- Organization: University of Otago
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
We have a variety of Macs (Power and 68K) running Mathematica. On some of the PowerMacs (but not all) Mathematica creates very large notebook files. Just a simple Plot stores as 100K, whereas on other systems it stores as 10K. Consequently 10 Plots create a file of over 1MB. What appears to be happening is that a large OMBD resource is being created with each graphic. The resource contains mostly FFFFs or 7FFFs data. Now all settings/preferences have been checked and compared, and appear to be in agreement between computers yet there must SOMEWHERE be a parameter to tell Mathematica to save these internal versions of the graphics. Can anyone help here? Going crazy... Many thanks for any help you can offer. John (with a disk full of enormous Mathematica files!) -- John Shanks Dunedin New Zealand ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====