Re: Postfix (//) with Options?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4636] Re: Postfix (//) with Options?
- From: "Alex Scheitlin" <alex-s at worldnet.att.net>
- Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 03:54:54 -0400
- Organization: MetLife
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm not sure it makes it makes it more readable but infix works. e.g. expr~N~k expr~Flatten~1 AES <siegman at ee.stanford.edu> wrote in article <4u9i7r$moj at dragonfly.wolfram.com>... > How can I use a postfix operation which has optional parameters and specify > the parameters in the postfix? For example, how can I write N[expr,k] > as expr // N plus something to express a nondefault value for k ? > > I particularly want to implement Flatten[expr,1] in postfix > form, because it seems more readable to have the expression (which may be > lengthy) come first, then the Flatten as an afterthought (reduces the > depth of brackets by one also). ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====