"FortranForm" for numbers?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4588] "FortranForm" for numbers?
- From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
- Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 05:15:18 -0400
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Wanted: 1) A simple way to put an option at the start of a notebook so that all output numbers (in Print, Write, TableForm, etc) will come out in something similar to Fortran format, e.g. 4.56789E-7 (I don't care much about the exact number of digits, or exactly where the decimal point ends up, and the exponent part can be skipped if not needed. Note that in mma FortranForm[1/7] comes out as 1/7 and not 0.1429). 2) I'd also like to understand why TableForm sometimes comes out with blank lines between each line of output and sometimes not, on the same table (and it's not due to word wrapping). And how to put multiple "sometable // TableForm ;" statements inside a Do loop and have them Print. God, I hate Mathematica!!! ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====