RE: Trilinear plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4681] RE: [mg4573] Trilinear plots
  • From: twj <twj>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 18:23:11 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>I'm looking for ideas on how to do trilinear plots, ie, plots
>on three axes which form an equilateral triangle (where the three coords are
>usually scaled so they sum to 1 for each observa
>I'm looking for ideas on how to do trilinear plots, ie, plots
>on three axes which form an equilateral triangle (where the three coords are
>usually scaled so they sum to 1 for each observation)?
>
>Equivalently, this plot can be described as a plot of the locations of 3D
>points in the plane defined by x+y+z=1.

I wrote a package to do this:  ComponentPlot`.
It supports a function ComponentListPlot and a graphics
object ComponentGraphics.  It's design and use is described
in my book Mathematica Graphics.  You can get the package
from MathSource item number 0205-041.

Tom Wickham-Jones
WRI

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====