- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4701] random
- From: wilson figueroa <wfigueroa at mosquito.com>
- Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 18:23:24 -0400
- Organization: Mosquito Net, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I was wondering if anyone knows which algorithm Mathematica uses
in it's Random command?
Is it a linear congruential method or is it a proprietary
algorithm that mathematica devised?
Also, is the uniform random generator extended to the nonuniform
generators (Gaussian, Poisson, etc)?
Thanks for any help. Please respond to sci.math
"Too many questions to explore them all ... life is too short!"
wfiguero at mosquito.com
==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====
Prev by Date:
RE: Trilinear plots
Next by Date:
Re: fitting differential eq. to data
Previous by thread:
Announcing 1996 Undergraduate Computational Science Education Awards
Next by thread: