- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4701] random
- From: wilson figueroa <wfigueroa at mosquito.com>
- Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 18:23:24 -0400
- Organization: Mosquito Net, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello group, I was wondering if anyone knows which algorithm Mathematica uses in it's Random command? Is it a linear congruential method or is it a proprietary algorithm that mathematica devised? Also, is the uniform random generator extended to the nonuniform generators (Gaussian, Poisson, etc)? Thanks for any help. Please respond to sci.math Sincerely, Wilson Figueroa "Too many questions to explore them all ... life is too short!" wfiguero at mosquito.com ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====