SphericalPlot3D, spherical harmonics, and coloring them?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4507] SphericalPlot3D, spherical harmonics, and coloring them?
- From: ale2 at hearst.cac.psu.edu (ale2)
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 02:22:35 -0400
- Organization: Penn State University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm using SphericalPlot3D to plot Re[Abs[SphericalHarmonicY[l,m,x,y]]]. I would like to use color to indicate the magnitude and the sign of the spherical harmonics. Is there any easy way to do this? I'm also having a hard time figuring out how to color the surface z = phi (in cylindircal coordinates) using CylindricalPlot3D. I would like the surface color to be a simple function of phi, say: RGBColor[Sin[phi]/2 +.5,Sin[phi+2Pi/3]/2 +.5,Sin[phi+4Pi/3]/2 +.5]. Is there any way to do this? Thanks for any help! ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====