SphericalPlot3D, surface color as function of r?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4494] SphericalPlot3D, surface color as function of r?
- From: ale2 at hearst.cac.psu.edu
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 02:22:26 -0400
- Organization: Penn State University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm using SphericalPlot3D to plot the function
SphericalHarmonicY[l,m,theta,phi]. I would like to have the surface
color represent the value and magnitude of the function. Say bright red
for large positive values and bright blue for large negative values. Is
there any way to do this using SphericalPlot3D.
I also plotted the function z = phi (in cylindrical coordinates) using
CylindricalPlot3D. Now i would like to have the surface color a
function of phi. Again, any easy (or hard) way to do this.
Thanks for any help!
==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====
Prev by Date:
Constrained Min, non-linear
Next by Date:
Re: The farthest apart points problem
Previous by thread:
Re: 4-dimensional graphing
Next by thread:
SphericalPlot3D, spherical harmonics, and coloring them?