SphericalPlot3D, surface color as function of r?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4494] SphericalPlot3D, surface color as function of r?
- From: ale2 at hearst.cac.psu.edu
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 02:22:26 -0400
- Organization: Penn State University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm using SphericalPlot3D to plot the function SphericalHarmonicY[l,m,theta,phi]. I would like to have the surface color represent the value and magnitude of the function. Say bright red for large positive values and bright blue for large negative values. Is there any way to do this using SphericalPlot3D. I also plotted the function z = phi (in cylindrical coordinates) using CylindricalPlot3D. Now i would like to have the surface color a function of phi. Again, any easy (or hard) way to do this. Thanks for any help! ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====