Re: Formatting text and input/output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4684] Re: Formatting text and input/output
  • From: wagner at motel6.cs.colorado.edu (Dave Wagner)
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 18:23:13 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4ve8h1$iro at dragonfly.wolfram.com>,
Alan Shuchat  <ashuchat at wellesley.edu> wrote:
>Can anyone suggest a way to create the format used in the Mathematica
>book to annotate input/output? There are two columns side-by-side,
>with text in one and input/output in the other.

I use FrameMaker to put the annotations in a side-head paragraph.
The WRI people use some kind of TeX macros.
But almost every word processor has a table feature of some kind; you
could make every example a table (with invisible borders).  That would
be kind of a lot of work, though.

		Dave Wagner
		Principia Consulting
		(303) 786-8371