Mathematica Crashing - Floating Point problem?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4717] Mathematica Crashing - Floating Point problem?
- From: Ralph.Martin at cs.cf.ac.uk (Ralph Martin)
- Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 03:57:36 -0400
- Organization: University of Wales, Cardiff
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Recently, I have had a problem with Mathematica crashing when I try to do some graphics, in cases where it worked OK before. System: This is on a PowerPC Mac. Actual Problem: If I try to do any sort of ParametricPlot, Mathematica either crashes, or draws nothing. Further details: In the case where nothing is drawn, if you view the graphics cell as text, you can see that the numbers in the PostScript are ridiculously large, like 4.32344e432546. Surmise: Some new System Software or extension I may have installed relatively recently may somehow be messing up floating point registers? Has anyone come across anything like this before, and can you suggest what might be causing it? Thanks. Ralph -- Dr Ralph Martin Dept of Computer Science, University of Wales, Cardiff Phone: +44 1222 874000 x 5536 PO Box 916, Fax: +44 1222 874598 Cardiff, CF2 3XF, United Kingdom Email: ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk WWW: http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/ ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====