Postfix (//) with Options?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4579] Postfix (//) with Options?
- From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
- Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 05:15:10 -0400
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
How can I use a postfix operation which has optional parameters and specify the parameters in the postfix? For example, how can I write N[expr,k] as expr // N plus something to express a nondefault value for k ? I particularly want to implement Flatten[expr,1] in postfix form, because it seems more readable to have the expression (which may be lengthy) come first, then the Flatten as an afterthought (reduces the depth of brackets by one also). ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====