mathematica for linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5589] mathematica for linux
  • From: W.Hitzl at uibk.ac.at (Wolfgang Hitzl)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 01:59:01 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hy folks,

I consider to use mathematica for linux on my PC. So can somebody share
his/hers experience with mathematica for linux to me?

1) does the front end run under X-windows?

2) what advantages/disadvantages does mathematica for linux has?

Your help would be very appreciated

many wishes from Austria

Wolfgang