How to get rid of Continuation character?

Whe I evaluate something like 200!, I get a number which breaks across
several lines; at the end of each line, there is a continuation character
(ghosted backslash). How do I get Mathematica 3.0 to NOT print this
character?
Paul Carlisle
PaulC0958 at AOL.com