Will you please help a non-mathematician?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5594] Will you please help a non-mathematician?
- From: DONKROUS at HALCYON.COM (Don Krouse)
- Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 01:59:04 -0500
- Organization: Northwest Nexus Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Please be gentle, I'm not a mathematician. Solving the below equation for all variables, except i, works satisfactorily. Trying to solve for i produces the following result. in Solve[0==PV+PMT*((1-(1+i)^-n)/i)+FV*(1+i)^-n,i] Solve::tdep: The equations appear to involve transcendental functions of the variables in an essentially non-algebraic way. out Solve[0 == FV/(1 + i)^n + ((1 - (1 + i)^(-n))*PMT)/i + PV, i] Can someone tell me how to get Mathematica to solve for i? Thank you for any help. Don Data Form Genie, a Visual Basic Data Form Wizzard http://www.halcyon.com/donkrous/vb/ Don Krouse donkrous at halcyon.com Everett, WA, USA