Not a valid limit in NIntegrate ???

Hi

FindRoot[NIntegrate[t,{t,rho,100}]==1,{rho,99}]

NIntegrate[t,{t,rho,100}] /. rho->99

When I'm using one of the above constructs either on a Mac or under Unix
running Mathematica 2.2 I get the following error message:

NIntegrate::nlim: t=rho is not a valid limit of integration

Why does it complain ??    Any ideas ??

Many thanks

	Axel Kowald

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====