bounding a polygon

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3134] bounding a polygon
  • From: Jonathan Lee <bobjon at gatewest.net>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 22:49:17 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am looking for a function which takes two lists, one representing a polygon and
one representing a rectangular region of space, which returns a new polygon that is
the old polygon "cut" by the second region. To be clearer: Suppose I had a polygon
called P. If I use Show[Graphics[Polygon[P]]] then I get the entire polygon. If I
use Show[Graphics[Polygon[P]], PlotRange->SomeArea] I get a polygon that is P but
cut off by SomeArea. Does anyone know a way to get just that area of P in the region
SomeArea so that if I type Show[Graphics[Polygon[F[P]]]] I get the same thing?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

--Jonathan Lee

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====