bounding a polygon

I am looking for a function which takes two lists, one representing a polygon and
one representing a rectangular region of space, which returns a new polygon that is
the old polygon "cut" by the second region. To be clearer: Suppose I had a polygon
called P. If I use Show[Graphics[Polygon[P]]] then I get the entire polygon. If I
use Show[Graphics[Polygon[P]], PlotRange->SomeArea] I get a polygon that is P but
cut off by SomeArea. Does anyone know a way to get just that area of P in the region
SomeArea so that if I type Show[Graphics[Polygon[F[P]]]] I get the same thing?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

--Jonathan Lee