Student v. Full version of Mathematica

I am looking to invest in Mathematica for my home computer and would like
some advice about whether or not to buy the full version.  I was told
that the student version is severly handicapped to the point where it
will not access the math co-processor, however, I have a Pentium and I'm
not sure that that would really cause a problem.  Also, any info about
relative prices would be appreciated.  Thanks.
-Sarah