Fitting data with Splines

Hi all

I have some data which I fit using the SplineFit function.

I worked through the examplke given in the "Guide to Standard

Mathematica Packages" on page 357 and everything works fine.

Now say one has the function

spline = SplineFit[your points, Cubic]

and then

spline[some point on curve]

gives the x and y coordinates for this point on the spline curve.

Is there some way in which one can just specify the x value so that

the y value is returned?

Thanks

Antonie Kotze